Friday, February 17, 2006

On Remembering - Psalm 139

Over the past week I’ve been reminded several times of the importance of Remembering. To remember is to recall to memory, to reflect on past experience, consider once again – at least that’s my understanding of it. I’m sure it is much more than that. Click here to see the meaning of Remember according to dictionary.com

I’m amazed at how we so quickly forget things. Throughout the Bible are numerous occasions where people were to remember what God had done and who he is. Take for example Nehemiah’s prayer 1:8 and again in 4:14. I keep coming back to these statements to remember for they are essential to our faith. How important it is for us to remember – remembering is part of our worship and important to our spiritual growth.

I like how Robert Webber puts it

“Worship is the context in which our relationship with God is continually re-established, maintained, repaired, and transformed. Anamnesis (memory).”

For the full article, click here

This is just an introduction to and the reason for choosing Psalm 139 as my next

“story to internalize.”

It brings to mind God’s power/involvement in my life and the life around me.

1 Comments:

Blogger darby said...

I find that interesting. That God is calling you to remember things on a deeper level. The past couple of months I have felt that God has kept wanting me to remember his love for me personally. And it's amazing what remembering him and who he really is does for our lives. The other day, I wrote a story about my Cat, and how God provided for both him and me, and through that situation God was showing me his love. If i had not sat down to write the story, i could've easily forgotten how God provided for me. It is all to easy for us to forget how much he loves us, and who he really is.

February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home